Last night, the House of Blues in Boston played host to a rocking celebration of local talent at the 2015 New England Venture Capital Association Awards. Teams from Polaris and our portfolio joined the region’s most promising startups and entrepreneurs at what has become one of the year’s most anticipated parties!
We at Polaris were proud to have, between our firm and the entrepreneurs and companies we have partnered with, 10 nominations in 7 categories and 3 winners, including: Hottest Startup/Healthcare, Rising Star Entrepreneur & Entrepreneur of the Year!
- Hottest Startup/Healthcare: Navitor Pharmaceuticals
- Rising Star Entrepreneur– Nancy Simonian, Syros Pharmaceuticals
- Entrepreneur of the Year– Rushika Fernandopulle, Iora Health
- Exit of the Year/Tech: Imprivata
- Entrepreneur of the Year/Tech: David Ting, Omar Hussain (Imprivata)
- Hottest Startup/Healthcare: Navitor Pharmaceuticals, Syros Pharmaceuticals, Scholar Rock
- Rising Star Entrepreneur/Healthcare: Errik Anderson (Kairos Biologics), Nancy Simonian (Syros Pharmaceuticals)
- Rising Star VC/Healthcare: Amir Nashat, Polaris Partners
- Deal of the Year/Healthcare: Syros Pharmaceuticals
- Entrepreneur of the Year/Healthcare: Rushika Fernandopulle (Iora Health)
A good time was had by all — and we were happy to be a part of the celebration. And of course it goes without saying that we think ALL our companies are as good as gold!